Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Jets to Brazil - Orange Rhyming Dictionary


Hey guys, I'm back and here is one of my all time favorite albums. After Jawbreaker disbanded, Blake Schwarzenbach moved to NYC and began playing some tunes with a friend, Jeremey Chatelain. They then recruited Texas Is The Reason drummer Chris Daly to round out the band. This release is their first out of three, and in my opinion, their best. The lyrics don't compare to those in Jawbreaker, although they are just as heart-breaking and poetic. I hadn't listened to it in a while, and then a song came up on my iTunes shuffle and I was brought right back to when I first listened to this album. The music is, I'd say, less "punk" than Jawbreaker, but more technical and well-rounded. There are some good leads and the music molds well into the lyrics. In my opinion, the best songs are "Sea Anemone" (the lyrics are great), "Sweet Avenue" (aw, it's a love song!), "I Typed For Miles" (the best part is at the end when Blake screams "you keep fucking up my life!"), "Lemon Yellow Black" (a fun song overall), and "King Medicine" (everything just goes well together in this song). There is only one song under 4 minutes on this album, but you'll be wishing that every song was longer than it already is.

Click here, I hope it works!

1 comment:

Michael said...

This album is great (although I admit I like 'Perfecting Loneliness' more.) Sea Anemone is a fucking awesome song :)