Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"What's The 411?"-Mary J. Blige




I saw this album sitting used for $3.99 on the shelf at "Generation Records" in Manhattan last week and decided to take a chance on it after being reccomended it a long time ago..I did not expect this to be a masterpiece such as most of soul/rnb library of the 1970s are yet after listening to it once it truly is a great album..90's rnb is very odd at times however this album has a unique feel to it..It doesn't have the popular remix of "Real Love" that featured a then unknown Notorious B.I.G.(it was released in 1992) but there are plenty of great songs on this..My favorites is "Sweet Thing" and "Real Love" kikik.


"Leave A Message" - 3:38
"Reminisce" - 5:24
"Real Love" - 4:32
"You Remind Me" - 4:19
"Intro Talk" (with Busta Rhymes) - 2:17
"Sweet Thing" - 3:46
"Love No Limit" - 5:01
"I Don't Want To Do Anything" (Duet with K-Ci of Jodeci) - 5:52
"Slow Down" - 4:33
"My Love" - 4:14
"Changes I've Been Going Through" - 5:15
"What's the 411?" (featuring Grand Puba) - 4:13

4/5 Bananas

No comments: