Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"The Realness"- Cormega


I was shocked listening to this...The beats on this are very good and in a similar vein to some old school Mobb Deep beats but some have their own unique feel..Cormega is also an excellent lyricist and gets very conceptual..All though he states on the album "The Jay-Z and Nas beef doesn't involve me" (The album was made in 2001), there are many subliminal Nas disses that can be found when listened to closely..This is a very good underated album.


1. Dramatic
2. American Beauty
3. Thunn & Kicko (w/ Prodigy)
4. The Saga
5. R U My Nigga?
6. Unforgiven
7. Fallen Soldiers
8. Glory Days
9. Rap's A Hustle
10. Get Out My Way
11. You Don't Want It
12. 5 For 40
13. They Forced My Hand (w/ Tragedy Khadafi)
14. Fallen Soldiers (Alchemist Remix)
15. Killers Theme (w/ Mobb Deep) (Hidden Track)

4.5/5 Bananas

No comments: