Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Straight Outta Compton"- N.W.A




I know it may seem dumb I'm putting this album since most people on this site probably have this but if anyone doesn't have it, they should download it now..This is what started gangsta rap..I remember when I saw Ice Cube live he said that he wants people to credit Boogie Down Productions for the first gangsta rap album (Criminal Minded) but to me this is really where it started.. On Criminal Minded, BDP rarely curses or talks about women.It does not even have a parental advisory on the cover.. However, there is a ton of cursing on here and a very liberal use of "bitch" which wasn't common in 1987 in hip-hop..To me "I Ain't The 1" embodies hip-hop's view on women and it is perfect that Ice Cube does it alone.. The last 4 tracks were added in the 2003 reissue.

1. Straight Outta Compton
2. Fuck Tha Police
3. Gangsta Gangsta
4. If It Ain't Ruff
5. Parental Discretion 12 Advised
6. 8 Ball (Remix)
7. Something Like That
8. Express Yourself
9. Compton's N The House (Remix)
10. I Ain't Tha 1
11. Dopeman (Remix)
12. I Ain't Tha 1
13. Something 2 Dance 2
14. Express Yourself (Extended Mix)
15. Bonus Beats
16. Straight Outta Compton (Extended Mix)
17. A Bitch Iz A Bitch
5/5 Bananas *Dave's Top Ten Hip-Hop Albums Of All Time
Also See:
"AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted"- Ice Cube
"Music To Drive-by"-Compton's Most Wanted
"The Chronic"-Dr. Dre
"Criminal Minded"-Boogie Down Productions
"Niggaz4life"-N.W.A

No comments: